Sunday, July 20, 2008

Danica Patrick vs Milka Duno


I like Danica Patrick and I think she is a great exciting talent in a sport that is boring compared to NASCAR or WoO. I have to admit that she is the only reason I watch the Indy cars. The problem is Danica is right if your slow get your ass out of the way and let the other drivers pass.

Danica Patrick’s famous temper has shown itself again. This time it led to a “cat fight” between Patrick and fellow female driver, Milka Duno on the Pit Road of the Honda Indy 200.


Danica Patrick, for the second time this season, has been made very angry by a competitor, and decided to go over and confront the other driver in their pit area. This time, the other driver happens to be the other female driver, named Milka Duno.

Danica Patrick marched over to the Dreyer & Reinbold Racing pit stall after the conclusion of Saturday’s morning practice to complain about Duno’s driving. The Andretti-Green Racing driver was upset that Duno did not allow faster cars, notably Patrick’s No. 7 Motorola Dallara Honda, to pass her during the practice session.

Danica Patrick walks right over to Milka Duno, leading to a nasty exchange between the two women drivers.

Milka Duno tells Danica Patrick to “go away” numerous times before the Venezuelan snapped a towel at Danica’s face twice, leading to foul language before the minute-long incident concluded.

“Unfortunately, things involving me tend to evolve,” Patrick said in the report. “I’m on the hot seat when I do something and when others do something (connected to me). It’s kind of the line that I walk because I’m popular.”

Patrick, who has previously confronted fellow drivers Dan Wheldon and Ryan Briscoe after racing incidents, brushed off the latest dust-up, and said, “I just wanted to know if she saw me out there.”

Ryan Briscoe won the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio over teammate Castroneves, Scott Dixon, Will Power, Oriol Servia, Vitor Meira, Tony Kanaan, Darren Manning, Hideki Mutoh and Ryan Hunter-Reay.

Danica Patrick finished 12th while Milka Duno finished 23rd.

2 comments:

Brent said...

Danica should have jumped the barrier and slugged Duno after she got the towel thrown at her a second time. If this was two guys, there wouldn't have been any uproar.

Danica was in the right, but don't look for that analysis in the mainstream.

Eric J. Burton said...

Duno is nadda anyways I don't know if she has even finshed inside the top 15 of a race. She is a filler car.

I think Danica is great but someone is going to pop her one of these days. Duno crew is a awesome piece of work as well.