Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hunting Dog Doesn't understand Deer Hunting.


Dakota Doesn't Get to Go Hunting
With every November comes deer hunting season, a right of passage for a good number of ND males. Unfortunately this means the dogs will be staying home this weekend. Although I am not an expert in dog thoughts, I am pretty sure my hard charging hunting dog is not all that thrilled with the idea of seeing me leave with a gun and him not being able to go. My wife asked me this morning if I was going hunting and Dakota got excited about the prospects of hunting. Only to be disapointed as he watched me leave the house without him. That's OK, there are many roosters to hunt in the weeks ahead.

Saturday Morning 11-19-2006 (edited)

Saturday morning I went out deer hunting with my buddies, after I had left the house, without the dog of course, my wife said my lab Dakota cried for over an hour. I guess he was disappointed he didn't get to go hunting. I mean, he saw me leave the house with a gun and he didn't get to go. Don't feel too bad for my dog though, he'll get to go pheasant hunting in South Dakota with me this weekend. Should I say, Roosters beware. I plan on bagging a few. Seriously though, If I had been hunting birds we could/would have cleaned up. The plots land that we were hunting in the Devils Lake area was plum full of Sharp Tails. Too bad we were hunting deer. Of course I am not going to say where I saw all of these sharpies, if you can't find them in ND you're not looking too hard. Dakota and I will be making a return trip in the future to shoot some squeakers.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

LetsGoMavs said...

Goonster! Aww! Look at your puppy...he looks so sad. You better have bought him a treat when you left without him!

He's cute though..eventhough I don't like big dogs in person. My friend's lab, Hunter, likes to think that I am some sort of animal when I go there...jumping on me, pulling on my clothes...slobbering on me. ICK! Better than my other friend's stupid bulldog thouh. I hate that thing. I should kidnap it and leave it on Runninwiththedogs front step so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Eric J. Burton said...

My Dog is a big baby. Dakota runs the house all the time. The good things about labs is they keep you active and in shape. My dog can go all day.

The only problem I have with him is he thinks socks are a food group. My wife and I are going to have to buy more of them because we are running out of sock at our house.

LetsGoMavs said...

Maybe he thinks socks are bunnies...

Eric J. Burton said...

I don't know but he ate one of my brother socks this weekend out in SD. That's why we don't leave socks laying around. I think its because when he was a puppy we used to let him chew on socks and we kept them in his kennel because they smelled like us. Unforunately, he thought they were for eating. My buddy made a joke, socks the other white meat.