Thursday, December 15, 2011

Remembering Brian Terry...

When ever I read or hear about Agent Brian Terry's death, it makes my blood boil, while the dedication of the Bisby Border Patrol Stations is a nice start, I want to see some prosecutions, starting with Attorney General Eric Holder. Holder is an incompetent political hack that needs to go. As Americans we should all be upset.
Daily Caller --- Late Wednesday night, on the eve of the one year anniversary of Border Patrol agent Brian Terry’s murder with weapons sold during Operation Fast and Furious, the House of Representatives passed the Brian A. Terry Memorial Act of 2011 by unanimous consent.

“The overwhelming support with which the Brian A. Terry Memorial Act passed the House of Representatives is a tribute to Agent Terry’s life of service and to the Border Patrol’s distinguished history of protecting America’s homeland,” House oversight committee chairman Rep. Darrell Issa, the bill’s main sponsor, said in a statement on Thursday. (RELATED: Full coverage of Fast and Furious)

The bill is waiting for action in the Senate. Assuming it’s passed, it will rename the U.S. Border Patrol station in Bisbee, Arizona to honor Terry’s memory.
A year ago Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry gave his life protecting our nation, his death is a travesty and we lost one of the best, he was a Marine and a Bortac Border Patrol Agent, which is the Border Patrol's equivalent to the special ops and is their tactical operations unit.



This is Brian Terry's poem, titled “If Today Is to Be the Day…So Be It”
“If you seek to do battle with me this day, you will receive the best that I am capable of giving.

“It may not be enough, but it will be everything that I have to give and it will be impressive for I have constantly prepared myself for this day.

“I have trained, drilled and rehearsed my actions so that I might have the best chance of defeating you.

“I have kept myself in peak physical condition, schooled myself in the martial skills and have become proficient in the applications of combat tactics.

“You may defeat me, but I’m willing to die if necessary. I do not fear death for I have been close enough to it on enough occasions that it no longer concerns me.

“But, I do fear the loss of my honor and would rather die fighting than to have it said that I was without courage.

“So I will fight you, no matter how insurmountable it may seem, to the death if need be, in order that it may never be said of me that I was not a warrior.”
Enhanced by Zemanta