Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mike Tuckner unplugged.



I've been working this job for 20 years
Turning on dreams and facing fears
Hoping some day, it would get better
It was a Friday afternoon at 3
When the boss said he had to talk to me
He said. "I'm sorry son, I couldn't save you"

{Chorus}
After 2 decades of punching in
I get punched right on the chin
And handed a check for 2 weeks pay
I wasn't about to beg and plead
And say good bye to my dignity
I guess that's what you get when you work for the man
I guess that's what you get when you work for the man

Woke up at 5am 5 days a week

My will was strong but my back was weak
No time to complain when you have a family
I guess that I was blind
I assumed hard work and pride
Would still keep a man employed today
{Chorus}

They're out of money on Wall Street
And they're asking for more from you and me
Excuse me, What am I missing here?
They're tearing down the union halls
Taking Liberty and Justice from all
Tell me friend, is this your American Dream?

{Bridge}

Please tell me that you have a back up plan
If you are working for the man
{Chorus}

No comments: