Sunday, December 02, 2007

Deer Season over: Nothing here to see.


Question: How many deer do you see in this picture? Answer: Zero, nix, nine nay, none!!! That is exactly how many deer that I shot this year during the North Dakota deer hunting season. It's sad since I bought three doe tags this season. I didn't spend a lot of time deer hunting this season. I only hunted for one and half days and didn't really have any easy shots that I would consider real close. I shot over a doe that I saw in a corn field and shot under a deer that was standing broadside at about 300 yards away. Easy come easy go.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I might be joining you for a nice cold bowl of tag soup. I came up empty handed in PA and only have a few more weeks in CT and NY to try and filly my array of tags. I may be off to NJ for Jan-Feb late season hunting, but we'll see how that goes. Might as well start practicing for next year! Don't give up.

Unknown said...

Next year will be your year. All tags will be filled and the freezer will be stocked. The jerky will be in hand with a smile on your face. A guy like you who likes the out doors should have been out there for a couple of weekends. It was nice most of those weekends. With the lack of snow, does that hurt or help the hunt?

C. Y. said...

I have a doe tag left over, but did have a little luck with the buck tag this year:

http://tinyurl.com/2m8ajo

Want me to drop off a package of polish sausage?