Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Successful Day of Hunting.

  Posted by Picasa2 Sharpies
This fall I have been bitten by the sharptail bug. I love hunting these birds one reason is that they are so unpredictable and if you have never shot one before they are really hard to hit. This season I found a place close to home to hunt them and tonight I was lucky enough to pick up two just before the rain hit. I would also rather eat one of these birds anyday over duck or a goose. They are easy to clean too, just stand on their wings and pull their legs and the breat meat just pops out of the feathers.

2 comments:

satnu said...

Oh nice birds! How's the dog doing this year? Going to take my 13 yo nephew out this weekend for a pre gun safety lesson. No shells but I'll let him carry my grouse gun and watch the dog work.

Eric J. Burton said...

Dakota has done a really good job this year, he will be three in November so he is becoming a great gun dog. We are going to do a lot of hunting this weekend.

We are going out after some ditch chickens this weekend.