Sunday, December 21, 2008

Why aren't the kids being charged?

I saw this story on line and I am wondering what happened to blaming the kids too. Although what this guy did probably rises to the level of a crime the thug kids need to be held accountable as well. This is a disgusting out come. The guy is tired of having his house vandalized defends his property.
By Associated Press
Story Created: Dec 12, 2008 at 7:41 AM CST
A 50-year-old rural Willmar man who told authorities he was fed up with teens toilet-papering his house decided to defend his property - with a squirt gun filled with fox urine.

Now, Scott Wagar is in trouble with the law. He pleaded not guilty on Wednesday in Kandiyohi County District Court to misdemeanor assault and other charges. He was released on personal recognizance.

According to police, Wagar was on his property Sept. 16 when he
used night vision goggles to see 15-20 people running toward his
place. He told police that he told them to leave, swore at them and
sprayed them with the fox urine. He also allegedly struggled with
one of the teens.

A phone message left at a home listing for a Scott Wagar was
not immediately returned to The Associated Press.

Check out this message board post on the subject. Classic stuff here.
(Check out this post) And what would the man tell the police? A marauding band of teens keeps TP's my trees? Pretty hard to identify the kids after the fact, don't you think? Guarantee you they were easy to ID by their smell after they were sprayed. I didn't read that the property owner did anything other than that, before he was jumped on his OWN property by the group. Criminal charges should be brought to the teens, not to the man who sprayed them. Dare I say, if someone trespassed repeatedly on my land, I'd be within my right to spray them with a non-lethal substance as well. If at that point the trespassers jumped on me and began a physical altercation, all "pranks" would be over and the real defending of my property and safety would begin. I stand by my original post.

No comments: