Monday, August 04, 2008

Embittered hack Jon Hoff is at it again.



Former village idiot and disgraced former Grand Forks city council man "little Johnny Hoff" is back to spewing his disgusting hate rhetoric again. From time to time former Grand Forks Resident John Hoff will surface to take another shot at North Dakota, Grand Forks, UND or Ralph Englestad. This time the unamusing John Hoff is attacking the statue in front of the Ralph Englestad Arena. Oh course Hoff has nothing to back up his claims, nothing. I there was evidence of this being true I am sure the Grand Forks Herald would have covered the story already, it it was true but I digress...

Now our favorite neighborhood moron has come to the conclusion that that “Sitting Bull” statue in front of Ralph Engelstad Arena is from Nazi Germany. Oh really? Please little Johnny what leads you to believe this? I suggest you put down the bong and go to work.

Please John tell us what evidence you have discovered that led you to believe that the 3rd Reich is responsible for the Sitting Bull Statue. Please tell us where you got your evidence? Please provide us with the facts, not innuendo. Also, just because the REA management doesn't have the time of day to answer your silly questions and accusations that doesn't mean you're right.


IN THE MAIL: Engelstad Arena should come clean on statue
By John Hoff, Grand Forks Herald
Published Sunday, August 03, 2008
MINNEAPOLIS — Where did the “Sitting Bull” statue in front of Ralph Engelstad Arena come from? Who is the artist who created it? What specific Native American, if any, was it intended by the artist to depict?

After so many years, and with the UND “swastika scandal” fouling the very air of Grand Forks like the stench of Simplot, isn’t it about time to get the truth and to find answers, no matter where that might lead us?

FACT: No artist or country of origin ever has been revealed in regard to the statue in question.

FACT: Ralph Engelstad liked to collect antique Nazi bric-a-brac.

FACT: It is highly unusual, almost unheard of, for a statue to be installed and for nobody to know the name of the artist or the origin of the statue. Statues might sit around and their origins be forgotten, but newly installed statues are never anonymous. Why has everybody in Grand Forks looked the other way for so long? What shame is lurking in the shadows?

I strongly suspect the statue has origins in Nazi Germany. I am still waiting for management at Engelstad Arena to provide specifics — the name of the artist, the date and place of creation — to prove me wrong.


Check out Rob Port's Embittered Hack article on John Hoff...
Cross Posted @ goon's world...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This guy cracks me up. I try not to let his...lack of reason get to me, instead I try to enjoy him for the side show he is.
I'm slightly amazed the GF Herald put that to print. I considered sending the following in as a response, I've decided against it.

Here's my Dear John letter:

“FACT: No artist or country of origin ever has been revealed in regard to the statue in question.”

And outside of your conspiracy theory group this doesn’t logically lead us to any conclusions. Unfortunately, an unknown artist or country does not imply what you’re trying to uncover. With the reasoning you have, I believe, it is more likely it was made in Communist China than “Nazi” Germany, as it seems now days all things are made in China. Also, if we are going to suggest the statue was created in “Nazi Germany” we will not only need the artist and country but also the date/time period it was created. I don’t believe the country has been referred to as “Nazi Germany” for some time now. Check your history books, I could be wrong.

“FACT: Ralph Engelstad liked to collect antique Nazi bric-a-brac.”

And Johnny’s still got his ace in the hole. I’m not sure there is any good excuse for certain events that surround some of Engelstad’s actions, as they may have been questionable at best...but I’ll take a shot. It is important to note that I haven’t studied all of the circumstances surrounding these instances, I’m sure you have. I also don’t know Engelstad’s exact response or actions following these incidents, please let me know. I do however believe that many people collect many bizarre thing; military uniforms, and automobiles are not uncommon collectibles. I don’t think his collecting of, and I quote, “bric-a-brac” is your smoking gun as far as the whole statue issue goes. But your working all the angles, and that’s good P.I. work, keep it up.


“FACT: It is highly unusual, almost unheard of, for a statue to be installed and for nobody to know the name of the artist or the origin of the statue. Statues might sit around and their origins be forgotten, but newly installed statues are never anonymous. Why has everybody in Grand Forks looked the other way for so long? What shame is lurking in the shadows?”

My biggest concern here, although misplaced, is that after all of your time at a institution of higher education I’m not sure you understand the difference between a “FACT:” and a statement. A rule I try to use it that words such as “never” and “always” can quite often rule out statements as being factual. Remember that for your next multiple choice test, it’ll come in handy. Also, phrases such as “highly unusual”, and “almost unheard of” commonly suggest the “FACT” in question, isn’t truly a “FACT. I apologize that wasn’t necessary to include.

Back to your statement- I guess this is just your way of reiterating “FACT” #1. Which, I believe, I have fairly swiftly been able to debunk your theory there. A round of applause is in order though, you have attempted to act as a true politician. You have restated the same information in a different form and with bigger words. Clearly making your argument seem stronger and more thoroughly thought out. Shoot, it didn’t work.

As far as “everybody in Grand Forks looked the other way for so long?” It wouldn’t be fair for me to attempt to speak for “everybody in Grand Forks”, and I’m not attempting to do this. Therefore the following is simply my opinion; it’s why I have looked the other way for so long, maybe other people feel the same way. We have jobs! And it’s an extremely farfetched opinion, not that it is impossible for it to be true, but as of yet no one has presented any factual evidence that would reasonably link the statue to anything in Germany, or beyond. (i.e.“NazI”)

“I strongly suspect the statue has origins in Nazi Germany. I am still waiting for management at Engelstad Arena to provide specifics — the name of the artist, the date and place of creation — to prove me wrong.”

Just to test your implied theory that REA is attempting to hide something, I have sent them a request, it read:

‘Please notify me a.s.a.p. of any information you may have about a suspected UFO landing on the roof top at Ralph Engelstad Arena. Please provide any details and/or photographs you may have obtained; including photos of ‘aliens’, ‘space craft’, or ‘reindeer’. Thank you for your assistance of my research into this ridiculous suspicion.’

So far I’ve gotten no response.