Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ohio Gov says no to Obama

Here is some interesting breaking news. I would make this as a play an attempt at winning Ohio a State that Bush carried in 2000 and 2004. Strike one.
ABC News' Teddy Davis and John Santucci Report: Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland (D) was Shermanesque on Tuesday in saying that he would "absolutely not" be Sen. Barack Obama's, D-Ill., running mate even if asked to join the Democratic ticket.

Asked on NPR's "All Things Considered" if he is auditioning to be Obama's running mate, Strickland said, "Absolutely not. If drafted I will not run, nominated I will not accept and if elected I will not serve.

So, I don’t know how more crystal clear I can be."

Strickland was seen by some political handicappers as an attractive vice presidential pick for Obama because he is a popular chief executive and former House member who hails from Ohio, the state which decided the 2004 election.

Strickland was also a high-profile backer of Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., which would have allowed Obama to present his selection as a play towards party unity.
(read the whole story here)

No comments: