Thursday, March 27, 2008

Only a golfer would understand this story


I got this joke from a friend of mine in my email and as far as golf jokes it is a pretty good one. One might say been there done that. I have been that guy that muffed his tee shot and didn't make it past the ladies tee. My brother in law actually put a golf ball into the cart shed on the first tee at Valley Golf in East Grand Forks, MN during the a scramble with a bunch of people watching. That embarrassing for him.

I was invited to play in a tournament a couple weeks ago at Shadow Hawk, a prestiges golf establishment. I was very nervous and quite excited to be playing in the event.
The butteriflies were going to town in my stomach when it was my time to play. I was one of the first off the tee and quite a few other golfers were milling about. It was a sunny morning, a little before 8.00am, and I was beginning my pre-shot routine, visualizing my upcoming shot when a piercing voice came over the club house loud speaker, 'Would the gentleman on the woman's tee back up to the
men's tee please!'

I could feel every eye on the course looking at me. I was still deep in my routine, seemingly impervious to the interruption.

Again the announcement, 'Would the man on the woman's tee kindly back up to the men's tee.'

I simply ignored the guy and kept concentrating, when once more, the man yelled,
'Would the man on the woman's tee back up to the men's tee, please!'

I finally stopped, turned, cupped my hands andshouted back:........ 'Would the asshole with the microphone kindly keep quiet and let me play my second shot!'

1 comment:

C. Y. said...

That's why the total extent of my golf experience ends at the Playstation 2.

:-)