Monday, April 16, 2007

Off Season Training

 
The off Season Training regime includes lots of reps retrieving the dead fowl-training dummy in the back yard. This past season I bought a dead fowl Canadian goose dummy to work on retrieving Canadian Honkers. Dakota is a hard charging hunting dog that is good with waterfowl as well as upland game. Dakota is a very strong swimmer and prefers retrieving ducks hunted over water. However, last summer Dakota was introduced to field hunting which brought up new challenges. By the end of the fall Dakota was very steady when hunting in the field. This season should be lots of fun as I have already scheduled my vacation time around the opening of waterfowl season.

 

2 comments:

Editor said...

that's nothing. My dog can hear the rustle of a candy bar wrapper at 100 yards and find a twinkie faster than you can imagine.

Eric J. Burton said...

I try to make sure my dog eats good. Labs like to eat, eat and eat. Mine can smell food immediately.